Friday, November 18, 2011

The Holiday's = Family, Fun and Good Movies!

I love love love to watch a good movie over the holidays. In fact, I can't wait till the day AFTER Thanksgiving so that I can sit home all day wearing my PJ's, eating leftover turkey, mayo and toast sandwiches with a side of yams and mashed potatoes watching a good movie. I'll take a break, play some games with the kids, make another sandwich for dinner and watch another movie. It is my free pass to just enjoy the day. So in case this may be your plan as well I am here to share some of my favorites.

Movies from the 40's:
  • Christmas in Connecticut
  • White Christmas
  • Meet Me in St. Louis




Movies from the 70's & 80's (my childhood)
  • Star Wars
  • E.T.
  • Princess Bride
  • Ann of Green Gables
  • Pretty in Pink
  • Sixteen Candles


Movies that made me LAUGH!:
  • First Wives Club
  • The Lost Boys
  • My Big Fat Greek Wedding
  • Mrs. Doubtfire
  • Father of the Bride

Historical or Historical Fiction:
  • Into the West
  • The Patriot
  • Braveheart
  • Amadeus
  • Lady Jane
  • Wives and Daughters
  • North & South (BBC)

Romantic:
  • Jane Eyre BBC
  • Pride & Prejudice BBC
  • The Notebook
  • Far and Away

Sci-Fi or Fantasy:
  • Harry Potter (all of them)
  • Star Trek (2009)
  • I am Legend
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  • Contact
  • War of the Worlds

Kid / Family Films:
  • Tangled
  • Finding Nemo
  • Barbie Princess and the Pauper
  • National Treasure
  • Joseph, King of Dreams
  • Prince of Egypt
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Stranded
  • Tuck Everlasting

Action Adventure or Thriller:
  • The Village
  • Signs
  • Count of Monte Cristo
  • Mission Impossible
  • Minority Report

Musicals:
  • Sound of Music
  • Mary Poppins
  • My Fair Lady

Heart Strings:
  • Hallmark Hall of Fame: The Lost Valentine
  • A Walk to Remember
  • Rocky 1-5
  • Eight Below

No comments:

Post a Comment